Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is an extremely quick and tasty pasta dish, that can be made with ingredients that most of us keep on hand. It's a great after work meal - you can make it faster than the pizza man can deliver.
Bread or rolls and a green salad will complement the pasta well, but if your salad bin is empty, remember you have your veggie included in the main dish!
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 cup broccoli florettes , fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) of Cream of Mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Put a 4 quart or large pot of salted water on to boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, cut the chicken breasts into ¾ inch cubes. (I find kitchen shears extremely efficient for this.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken cubes, and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through.
- By now the water should be up to a boil. Put in the linguine, and cook to package directions for al dente.
- Four minutes before the linguine should be done, add the 1 cup of broccoli to the boiling water.
- While they finish cooking, finish your sauce.
- To the chicken, add the can of soup, ½ cup milk, the parmesan cheese, and the pepper.
- Heat through on low, stirring to mix well.
- Drain the linguini and broccoli, and add it to the sauté pan.
- Stir to mix well.
- If your sauce has thickened more than you like, add a few tablespoons of the past water to thin
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes