Three Pepper Casserole
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup EACH, chopped, sweet red bell peppers; green bell peppers and yellow bell peppers.
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup apple juice (you may also use white wine if you prefer)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (use crumbled blue cheese as an option)
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese (drained cottage cheese is an option)
- 1 ½ cup egg substitute (about 3 whole eggs)
- ¼ cup parsley - chopped.
- ½ tsp. Basil leaves (dried)
- dash of salt and black pepper
Coat frying pan with non-fat cooking spray, such as Pam.
- Add onions and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add red, green and yellow peppers, garlic, and or apple juice.
- Raise heat to medium-high.
- cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until peppers soften.
- Remove pan from heat.
- In small bowl combine feta cheese, ricotta, egg, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Place on aluminum foil and steam 20 minutes or until eggs set and the frittata is puffed and lightly browned.
Top of Page
Back to Vegetable Recipes