- 1 cup butter
- 2 TBS garlic salt
- 2 TBS. paprika
- 12 ounce can of beer
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 4 pounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill, bringing temperature to a low heat. Lightly oil the grate
- In a small sauce pan melt ½ of the butter (1/2 cup) and mix in ½ of the garlic salt (1 TBS), salt and pepper and ½ of the Paprika (1 TBS)
- Open the beer and dispose of ½ of the can (in any way you choose). Leave the remainder in the can.
- Add the balance of the butter, garlic salt and paprika (plus any additional salt and pepper you may want) to the beer in the can.
- Place the can on a disposable baking sheet.
- Place the chicken over the beer can, inserting the can into the cavity of the chicken.
- Baste the outside of the chicken with the melted butter that has been seasoned.
- Place the baking sheet with the chicken and the beer can on the pre-heated grill.
- Continue to cook over low heat until the chicken is done and no longer pink. The juices will run clear. This will probably take 3 hours, since you are cooking on a low heat.
Note: Don't let the idea of cooking a whole chicken on the grill scare you off. You will get a moist and flavorful chicken if you're willing to try something a little different.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes