Chocolate Almond Stuffed Figs Recipe
- 1 cup almonds chopped very fine
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 ¼ TBS. sugar
- Enough dark rum to lightly bind almonds and chocolate into paste.
- 15 ripe, juice figs
- Place almonds, chocolate and sugar in a bowl and stir together.
- Add rum, and stir until mixture just holds together. (If it doesn't hold together lightly pulse in a food processor/blender) until it forms a paste.
- Trim stems off figs.
- Starting at stem end, cut figs 3/4 of the way down, making two incisions in the form of a cross.
- Carefully pinch the bottom of each fig to make the top open like a flower.
- Gently stuff almond mixture into center of each fig. Press fig together to reshape it.
Top of Page
Back to Dessert Recipes
Back to Thanksgiving Recipes