- 6 cups of flour
- 2 TBS. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cup lard (shortening will work, but not as well)
- 1 cup sugar (plus extra for topping)
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 3 tsp. Cinnamon (plus extra for topping)
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. anise flavoring
- 1/4 tsp . ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. Anise seeds - crushed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white wine (more or less depending on consistency)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add wine slowly to control consistency.
- Roll into 2-inch diameter balls.
- Bake for approx. 8 minutes. .
- While cookies are still hot sprinkle lightly with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon (approx. 2 TBS cinnamon to 1 cup of sugar)
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Cookies