Basic Christmas Cookies
- 1/3 cup shortening (like Crisco)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 while egg
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugar, egg, honey, and lemon extract until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, and salt; stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough to 1/4-inch thick
- cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- When cool, frost with Milk-Frosting and decorate as desired.
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Cookies