Italian Angelette Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 TBS margarine or butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup colored candy décors
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease large cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat granulated sugar and margarine or butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high, beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- At low speed, beat in eggs, 1 at a time
- Beat in vanilla until mixed.
- Beat in flour, baking powder, and salt just until blended.
- With heavily floured hands, shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Place balls, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- When cookies are cool glaze with Milk Frosting if desired..
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Cookies