Kissmass Almond Cookies
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) Hershey Kisses (milk chocolate)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup light brown sugar - packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup maraschino cherries - chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 TBS. Water
- 2 cups finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Beat butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract and beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Mix in cherries.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Combine egg white and water; beat with fork until foamy.
- Roll balls in egg white, then in almonds.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately place chocolate piece on top of
each cookie, pressing down gently so that cookie cracks around the edge.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Allow cookies to cool until chocolate piece is set, about 3 hours.
- You can use the Hershey kisses with almonds or the new Milk chocolate and mint kisses as well.
- If you'd prefer to roll the cookie in another type nut, such as walnuts, that's fine. Experiment and Have Fun!
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Cookies