- 1 cup vanilla wafers - crushed
- 1 cup walnuts, ground very fine (not powdery)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (plus extra for covering after they are done)
- 2 TBS. Cocoa
- 2 TBS corn syrup
- minimum of ¼ cup rum
- Mix all ingredients
- Let sit in refrigerator for a few days. The Batter will improve with age.
- Roll in balls approx. ½ inch to ¾ inch in diameter
- Roll in powdered sugar.
NOTE: Sometimes Grandma used Bourbon instead of rum and made Bourbon Balls. Use as much liquor as you'd like, just adjust the dry ingredients to be sure the balls are nicely formed. And remember, there was no cooking to burn off the alcohol, so these will have a kick!
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Cookies