- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened (no substitutions)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cups all-purpose flour milk
In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until blended.
- Increase speed to high, beat until light and creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- At low speed, beat in corn syrup, cream, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger until blended.
- Then gradually beat in flour until well mixed.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces, wrap each piece with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll 1 piece of dough at a time 1/8 inch thick.
- With floured cookie cutter, cut dough into as many cookies as possible.
- Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Reserve trimmings.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough and trimmings to make more cookies.
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Cookies