Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds (right out of pumpkin)
- Pam or other vegetable spray
- Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse seeds well and remove all "gunk"
- In a sauce pan, add 4 cups of water for every 2 cups of seeds.
- Add 2TBS of salt to saucepan (for every 2 cups of seeds)
- Add the pumpkin seeds and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes
- Drain and pat dry.
- Toss the seeds with melted butter - amount of butter will depend on amount of seeds
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray such as Pam
- Pour seeds onto cookie sheet and spread so that they do not overlap
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (or until golden brown), tossing and stirring occasionally.
- Store in air tight container, free from moisture.
Top of Page
Back to Desserts & Sweets
Back to Halloween Recipes