- 1 1/2 large eggplants, halved
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 spring onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon plain low fat yogurt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon sliced basil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat eggplants with cooking spray.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Scoop pulp into a sieve lined with cheesecloth; drain 1 hour.
- Remove pulp; purée in food processor; transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic; cook 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomatoes and paprika; cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool. Stir yogurt into puree; add onion and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve with raw vegetables
NOTE: This recipe is the creation of Executive Caterers Executive Chef David Lucarelli!
Top of Page
Back to Appetizer & Snack Recipes