Honey & Orange Asparagus
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup honey (Orange Blossom if available)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large navel orange cut into segments
- ½ small red onion sliced very thin
Steam the asparagus until tender, but not mushy or soft. (2-3 minutes)
- Place asparagus in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- As soon as the asparagus has cooled off, remove from the water and gently pat dry.
- Mix together orange zest, juice, vinegar, honey and olive oil.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper
- Add the asparagus, orange slices and red onion.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap - seal tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4-5- hours)
- When serving, place asparagus on a platter and drizzle marinade and orange segments over the top.
Top of Page
Back to Vegetable Recipes