- 3/4-cup sweet butter
- 1 cup minced scallions (including some of the green tops)
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1½ lbs. Finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 TBS minced Parsley
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup matzo meal, approximately
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Melt approx. ¼ cup butter in heavy skillet.
- Cook scallions and onions until soft.
- Add mushrooms and sauté over medium high heat until liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to another bowl and let cool.
- After mixture has cooled stir in parsley and eggs.
- Gradually add matzo meal until mixture has enough body to hold
together during frying.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet.
- Form each schnitzel by placing 1 heaping tablespoon of the mushroom mixture in the hot butter and press with back of a wooden spoon to a 2-3 inch diameter.
- Fry until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cut lemon into wedges and serve with schnitzel.
Top of Page
Back to Passover Recipes
Back to Holiday & Seasonal Recipes