Burgundy Oven Stew
- 2-3 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 3-4 TBS flour
- 3 carrots sliced in 1 inch thick coins
- 2 stalks celery, veined and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 onions cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 2 tsp. Dry yellow mustard
- 3 cubes beef bouillon crumbled
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat beef cubes in flour and seer in skillet
- Add beef to large oven proof roaster.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme, mustard and bouillon.
- Pour water and wine over the beef and dry seasonings.
- Cover and bake for 4-5 hours.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes