Spicy Curried Stew
- 1 TBS Curry Powder
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- ½ tsp. Ground cardamom
- ¾ TBS Cumin
- ½ tsp. Ground clove
- ½ tsp. Coriander
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 TBS. Canola oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium sized eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium green zucchini, sliced
- 1 large can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cauliflower broken into bite size pieces
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup dark raisins.
- In separate container combine all of the dry spices.
- In a large stock pot heat the oil and add onions.
- Sauté until onions become translucent but not mushy.
- Add the eggplant and garlic and continue to cook.
- Add the water, cauliflower and stir in dry spices, being careful that they do not burn.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes