- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 small head of cabbage, sliced
- 15 ounce can Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cans beer (12 ounce cans) NOT LIGHT BEER
- 1 TBS. brown mustard
- 1 TBS Garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring potatoes and onions to boil in water
- Lower heat to simmer
- Add cabbage and mustard.
- Slowly add 1 can of beer. (It may foam up, so add slowly and carefully)
- Cover loosely and let simmer for about 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add remaining ingredients, again being careful when adding the beer.
- Add more water of necessary, but remember this is a stew not a soup.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes