- 2-3 pounds beef, cubed
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 cups potatoes, cut slightly larger than a dice.
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 ½ cups celery, veined and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 tsps. Quick-cooking Tapioca
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz. Tomato sauce (canned)
- 1+ cups water (more if needed)
- 2 TBS light brown sugar.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large roasting pan (3 quart or larger) place beef in a single layer.
- Add vegetables on top.
- Sprinkle tapioca and salt and pepper over the top.
- In a separate bowl combine tomato sauce and water.
- Pour tomato mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Crumble brown sugar over top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 hours without removing the top. It must remain covered.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes