- 2 TBS. good quality olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large potatoes diced
- 2 medium carrots sliced into thick coins
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tsps. sweet paprika
- 6-8 stalks asparagus, bottoms trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Sauté onion over medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to sauté until the onion turns a golden color.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, water, and paprika.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook, covered until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add the asparagus and cook over low heat until it is tender-crisp.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, peas, and parsley.
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes longer.
- Allow stew to stand for a few hours before serving.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes