- 4 cups Self-rising Cornbread
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup water
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Diced Celery
- 1 cup Diced Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Diced Onions
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 TBS Sage (to taste)
- 1 packet Onion Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 2 slices Black Bread
- 3-4 cups Turkey or chicken broth
- Chicken or turkey for stuffing (partially cooked)
- Prepare corn bread; add 2 eggs, milk, water Bake until dark brown.
- Prepare the broth; add celery, bell peppers, onions, salt, pepper, onion soup packet and broth (use the broth from the partially cook turkey or chicken.)
- Bring to a boil 10-15 min.
- Toast black bread.
- Crumble corn bread and black bread together.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff the partially cooked turkey or chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 min and serve.
From Virginia Hill. Find this and 350 more recipes in the Cleveland Cooks Cookbook