- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup of butter or oleo
- 6 oz. Softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. Pimento - drained
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion - diced
- ½ cup Romano or Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Add butter and cream cheese
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and next 6 ingredients
- Spoon into lightly buttered 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Bake until thoroughly heated (approx. 3o minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese;
- return to oven until cheese is melted (approx. 5 minutes)
Top of Page
Back to Side Dishes
Back to Thanksgiving Recipes