Sweet & Sour Vidalia Onions
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 TBS. chopped fresh dill (or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed )
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl toss together cucumbers, onions and carrot; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, dill, 2 tablespoons water, salt and black pepper.
- Pour over cucumber mixture, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Top of Page
Back to Vegetable Recipes