- 6 yams - medium sized
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (8 ounce size) drained, crushes, pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash yams and bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch.
- Cut strips lengthwise on top of each yam and gently scoop out the pulp. Be sure to leave the shell intact.
- Mix the pulp you removed from the yams with the orange juice, butter and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Stir in the drained pineapple.
- Stuff the shells of the yams with the fluffy mixture and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Top of Page
Back to Side Dish Recipes
Back to Thanksgiving Recipes