- ½ cup plus 2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 TBS water
- 1 lb. pecan halves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 TBS. sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl combine ½ cup of sugar and spices.
- Combine nuts and maple syrup in large bowl.
- Toss well and add sugar/spice mix.
- Spread on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 3 minutes.
- Remove and separate with a spoon, but leave on sheet.
- Add remaining sugar and bake for 3 - 7 minutes more until nuts are browned and crystallized
Submitted By: Elaine (Mrs. Joe) Mosbrook. Radio and television broadcaster, jazz historian. As seen in Cleveland Cooks!
Top of Page
Back to 4th of July Recipes
Back to Appetizer Recipes