Add a Patriotic Theme
to your July 4th
Summer BBQ Picnic
- Mix blueberries in with your strawberries to make your Shortcake special.
- Use blue tortilla chips with your red salsa and serve on white plates
- Make star shaped sugar cookies with red and blue sprinkles
- How about a white wine Sangria with blueberries and raspberries? Or try strawberries with blue grapes.
- Make blue and red Kool Aid ice cubes and add to any clear drink (even water!)
- Use purple (blue) potatoes in your potato salad. Add pimentos and sliced red pepper and white mayo.
- Grill shish kabobs made of red tomatoes, blue potatoes and white onions.
- If you're going to be having Vodka and tonic, a traditional summer time drink - try a flavored Vodka, like Cherry to add a festive color.
- A touch of Blue Curacao will make any clear liquor a lovely shade of blue.
- Not to forget the kids - Shirley Temples (Grenadine, Ginger Ale and lots of cherries!) is always special. How about skipping the Grenadine and adding a few blueberries?
- Of course you can add sprinkles or food coloring to just about anything and you'll be all set to celebrate the country's birthday!
Top of Page
Back to 4th of July Recipes