- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 tsp. Cloves
- 1 lemon sliced very thin
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- Beets - quantity will be decided by size. Use approximately 3 cans
- Wash beets and cut off stems - leaving about an inch
- Cook in salted boiling water until tender.
- Place in cold water and slip off skins.
- Bring syrup to a rolling boil, add beets and boil again.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate over night to blend flavors.
Top of Page
Back to Potato & Side Dish Recipes