- 1/8 cup of chopped onion
- onion Soup Mix
- 4 boneless breast chicken
- 1/2 pint of sour cream
Brown onions in small amount of margarine in frying pan.
- Sprinkle paprika over onions.
- Lay chicken pieces on top and brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle approximately 1/2 envelope of onion soup mix over chicken.
- Add enough water so that the chicken can simmer till cooked, without drying out.
- When chicken is tender, remove from frying pan and put aside.
- Prepare sour cream mixture.
Sour Cream Mixture
1/2 pt. sour cream
- 1 TBLS flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Make a paste and slowly add to juice in frying pan, mixing well.
- Put chicken back in frying pan.
- Serve with dumplings.
1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- Add small amounts of water to dough mix until dough is sticky.
- Boil water in sauce pan.
- When water is at a full boil, put dough on bread board and slowly flip off small portions into the hot water.
- They need to cook only a few seconds.
- Drain dumplings.
- Pour chicken paprikash over dumplings.
- Serves 4.
This recipe was handed down to Krissy Toth by her grandmother Emma Jakabcic and then to her Mom, Eleanor Behman.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dishes