- 1 ½ cup raisins
- 3 TBS. sugar
- 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 TBS. vinegar
- 2 TBS. cornstarch
Put raisins in a small pot with enough water to cover.
- Simmer, covered for about an hour.
- Add mustard, sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cold water; add to sugar
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot with baked ham.
NOTE: The amount of sugar and vinegar used are to taste. Traditionally the sauce is sweet, rather than tart, but if you prefer more zest add less sugar and more vinegar.