Fruit and Nut
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ pound marshmallow cream
- ½ cup melted shortening
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 cups candied fruit - especially pineapple and cherries
- nuts, chopped
- dipping chocolate
- In a saucepan, cook sugar, syrup and water to 265 degrees on a candy
- Add marshmallow cream and beat until almost firm.
- Add melted shortening, powdered sugar, candied fruit and chopped nuts.
- Mix well.
- Shape eggs by hand and dip in dipping chocolate.
The amounts listed will make about 10 eggs. If you want, you can pipe a name or message on the egg with white or pastel icing after the chocolate has cooled completely.
Top of Page
Back to Holiday Recipes