Pumpkin Cheese Cake
by Marie Reagan
- 1 ¾ cups shortbread coolies crushed ( 14-16) I use Ginger Snaps
- 1 Tbls. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese, softened at room temp,
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbls. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup toffee candies, chopped and crushed.
- 1 8oz container sour cream, room temp
- 2 Tblsp sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping (optional) or Maple Syrup ( optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare crust.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl.
- Press onto bottom and up 1 inch up side of ungreased 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 6-8 minutes, taking care not to brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Beat well, Pour into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 to 65 min or until edges are set but center still moves.
- Remove from oven and top with toffee candy.
- Make topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Mix well and spread over warm cheesecake
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 min.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
- Makes 16 servings
Top of Page
Back to Desserts & Sweets
Back to Halloween Recipes