Irish Whiskey Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) box of instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup milk (skim is fine)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 oz. good Irish whiskey
- 1 cup walnuts chopped into small pieces
- 2 TBS all purpose flour
- 1 medium egg
Ingredients for glaze:
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ pound (1 stick) butter or oleo
- ¾ cup good Irish whiskey (adjust as needed for consistency)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine instant pudding, cake mix, milk, egg and oil.
- Beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes on medium setting.
- Place the walnuts in the flour and coat. Once they are coated add to the batter.
- Grease and flour bundt pan
- Pour batter into prepared pan and cook for 1 hour.
- Prepare glaze by combining glaze ingredients in a pan and heating until the sugar is melted. Stir often.
- When cake is done and cooled leave cake in pan and pour glaze over it. The glaze will seep into the cake.
- Allow cake to set for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight before serving
- If you decide to keep the cake longer invert it on a plate every 8 hours or so to allow the whiskey glaze to "move around" and soak in at various places.
Top of Page
Back to Irish Cooking
Back to Irish in Cleveland