- 2 small onions, cut into rings
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 diced turnips
- 2-3 stalks of chopped celery (remove excess strings)
- 1 medium cabbage, roughly cut into pieces
- 2 pounds of lamb shoulder, cut into 2-4" pieces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4-6 potatoes diced
- 2 tsp. Marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a large stock pot filled with enough water to cover the lamb.
- Simmer the lamb in the covered stock pot, seasoned with salt and pepper for about 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, garlic and potatoes and simmer, covered, another 30 minutes or until the vegetables and potatoes are cooked, but not mushy.
- Add the marjoram and additional salt and pepper at the very end.
Note: This recipe serves 4. The amount of vegetables and potatoes you use is completely determined by you. This is a general ratio of meat to vegetables to potatoes for this recipe.
Top of Page
Back to Main Dish Recipes
Back to Irish Recipes