Roasted Garlic Champ
- 1 garlic bulb (about 3 ounces)
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter
- 8 teaspoons truffle oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Cut top of the garlic bulb 1 inch to expose cloves.
- Wrap in foil, place in baking pan and bake until soft, about 45 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic from skins.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan over high heat, bring 1 quart water to boil.
- Add potatoes, cover and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pan.
- Microwave milk until steaming, about 1 minute.
- Pour over potatoes, add garlic and mash with potato masher.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into four bowls.
- Make a well in the middle of each serving and fill with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Drizzle each with 2 teaspoons truffle oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chives.
- Makes 4 servings.
Top of Page
Back to Irish Cooking
Back to Irish in Cleveland