- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated minced onion
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 3/4cup chopped green OR red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons banana pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1 small pepper)
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped (about 1 apple)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Durkee garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Durkee curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Durkee ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Durkee ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Durkee ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Brown ground beef in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add onion, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, peppers, apples, raisins, cocoa powder, garlic and curry powder, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add kidney beans. Simmer 45 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese.
Have a Spice question or a favorite tip?
Send it to:
Top of Page
Back to Main Dishes
Back to Durkee Spice Advice