Picnic Potato Salad
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (or new red skin potatoes) (about 6 medium)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Durkee spicy steak seasoning (or use mild if you prefer)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and coarsely chopped
Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Drain, cool, and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, spicy steak seasoning, celery, onions and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes to mayonnaise mixture; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for 6-24 hours.
Top of Page
Back to Salads