- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Durkee Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Durkee Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups shredded, sweetened Coconut
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken tenders
- Vegetable oil for frying
Mix cornstarch, salt, Durkee Cayenne Pepper and Durkee Black Pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut.
- Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be about 2 inches deep - add more oil if needed) or deep fat fryer to 350º F.
- Add chicken to the hot oil in batches.
- Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
Have a Spice question or a favorite tip?
Send it to:
Top of Page
Back to Superbowl Recipes
Back to Appetizers & Snacks
Back to Durkee Spice Advice