- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ lbs. Onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup cream sherry
- 2 TBS. Beef soup base
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 TBS. Durkee Garlic Pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat in large stockpot.
- Add onions and sauté for 15 minutes until onions are translucent and starting to caramelize.
- Deglaze onions with sherry.
- Stir in soup base, water and Durkee garlic Pepper
- Increase e heat to medium-high and cook until soup is heated through.
- Serve with seasoned croutons and Swiss cheese.
Have a Spice question or a favorite tip?
Send it to:
Top of Page
Back to Superbowl Recipes
Back to Appetizers & Snacks
Back to Durkee Spice Advice