Herb Sherried Carrots
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled, trimmed and cut into narrow 2 inch sticks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon Durkee dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Durkee dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- blespoon brown sugar
- teaspoon salt
Place carrots and water in skillet.
- Cover; bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add margarine, rosemary, thyme, sherry, sugar and salt; stir to combine.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently until heated and glazed, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Top of Page
Back to Vegetable Recipes