- 3 lbs. Yukon gold Potatoes, with skins, cut into 1 ½" - 2 inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salt plus 1 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ stick butter
Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat half and half and butter in small saucepan till the butter is melted.
- Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, the red pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the potatoes well and return to dry pot.
- add half and half mixture.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
- Approx. 6 serving
Top of Page
Back to Potato & Side Dish Recipes