Have you ever heard that having the 2nd toe longer than the big toe is a sign of nobility. WPST, a radio station in Princeton, New Jersey, recently aired what a person's feet may reveal about them:
- If a person's second toe is longer than the others, they are dependable, conservative and keep their emotions in check.
- If a person's third toe is bigger than the others, they're hot-headed and have a temper.
- If a person has long toes, they're among the thinkers of the world.
- If a person's feet are wide, they're a hard worker and have strong family values.
- If a person's feet are narrow, they're shy and quiet.
- If a person has webbed feet (a hereditary trait), they're the life of the party and would make a good salesperson or entertainer.
While all this is entertaining, many people are just plain embarrassed by their feet, a problem that proper foot care can go a long way to solving. Recommendations from foot care experts include:
- Thoroughly wash and dry feet daily
- Gently massage feet daily, to improve circulation
- Throw out old shoes
- Throw out uncomfortable shoes that could cause corns, bunions and calluses
- Change socks and shoes twice daily
- Throw out old nail polish
- Every person should have their own nail implements, not to be shared with others
- Periodically place shoes or slippers in a sunny place where they can air out
- If you have diabetes, or are concerned about your feet, consult a podiatrist
For those ready to do something about their unattractive feet, here are some products that offer a “foot makeover."