At the November 19, 2005 meeting of the John Carroll University Entrepreneur's Association, three talented Cleveland Women shared their marketing and branding expertise with the audience.
Kathy Ross told the crowd that they should "Garden and Gather. That is, define and begin the process remembering to:
When doing a SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)analysis
- Identify the challenge
- Organize others for the team - build collaboration
- Define the scope - time frame, resources, budget, outcomes
- Commit to open ideas
Jeanne Hauer, Regional Marketing Director of Anthem and author of Millionaire Women, said that the Rule of 3 (you need 3 exposures to a potential customer) may now be the Rule of 5.
- Be realistic - don't embellish
- Be short and simple - very specific
- Keep competition in mind
- Remember, it's subjective