Q. How can I improve my aging skin, especially my face. I have a lot of different lines.
A. Here are some basic tips.
- Stay out of the sun. Try to avoid peak hours 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- When you are out in the sun make sure you have on a sunscreen with SPF of at least 30, with A & B protection (broad spectrum).
- Limiting environmental damage to the skin whether it be from the, sun, pollution, smoking, etc…. is the key to keeping your skin looking good.
- Daily routine, wash twice daily with gentle cleanser; exfoliate in the evening, moisturizer in the morning and protect each morning with sunscreen.
- Over-the-counter exfoliants like retinal and alpha hydroxy acid based creams are good for the evening - moisturizers with anti-oxidants like kinerase and prevage are good for the morning.
- Mild cleansers that don't irritate the skin like cetaphil are good
Top of Page
Back to Dermatology